The Best Online Learning Platforms in the US
Online Learning Platforms: Your Gateway to Boundless Knowledge
In the age of digital expansion, the boundaries of learning are continuously being pushed beyond traditional classrooms. Online learning platforms in the US have become the new bastions of knowledge, offering vast resources for keen learners worldwide. Whether you want to polish your professional skills or explore a new hobby, these platforms have the capacity to cater to your diverse learning needs.
Want to know more? Discover today’s most popular types of online learning platforms in the US and get a quick look at the courses they offer, their pricing, and their unique selling points.
In-Demand Topics for Online Learning
From coding to crafting, online learning platforms offer a variety of topics to quench your learning thirst. There’s a course available for nearly every subject imaginable:
- Language Learning,
- Programming & coding,
- Data science,
- Artificial Intelligence,
- Digital Marketing,
- Financial Analysis,
- And much more!
It’s never been easier to expand your knowledge and skills from the comfort of your own home.
Online Learning Platforms for Any Topic
As we just mentioned, there are learning platforms for practically any topic that you’re interested in. Whether you’re looking to grow professionally or simply are looking for a new hobby, your options are endless.
Check out the top 10 online learning platforms in the US:
1. LinkedIn Learning is a primarily paid online platform costing $29.99/month, which specializes in business development, software, technology, and creative skills. The platform offers personalized course recommendations to suit an individual’s career growth objectives and features assessments and quizzes to track learning progress. Offline viewing is available for users to learn on the go, and completion of a course comes with a certificate.
2. Coursera is an online education platform that offers paid courses starting around $49/month, however, prices vary depending on the course. It offers a variety of courses across diverse fields such as Science, Arts, Humanities, Business, and IT. Some notable features of Coursera include a certificate upon completion of a course, personalized learning experiences, and official course certificates.
3. Udacity is an online platform for learning IT, Business, and Artificial Intelligence. This platform is available to paying members only, which costs $399/month. Udacity offers a flexible learning program for its users, giving them the ability to work on real-world projects and benefit from mentorship.
4. edX is an online learning platform that offers paid courses ranging across various fields like Science, Languages, Engineering, and Computer Science. The cost for the courses varies, typically starting at $50/course. Features to note in edX include self-paced learning, certifications and interactive learning.
5. Codecademy is a coding-focused platform offering both free and paid courses, with the latter costing $19.99/month. The topics taught include web development, and data science. It offers a member community, regular content updates, and access to real-world projects to facilitate practical learning.
6. Udemy provides an online platform for learning a variety of topics via their paid courses. The platform specializes in Business, IT, Personal Development, and Design courses, each of which is individually priced. Udemy offers lifetime access to each purchased course and certification upon completion.
7. Khan Academy is a fully free platform focusing on Math, Science, and Humanities. The platform features personalized learning paths, practice exercises, as well as progress tracking tools to help users manage their learning. Plus, it gives users access to their extensive library of educational videos and practice exercises.
8. Skillshare, offering paid subscriptions starting at $15/month, specializes in Creative Arts, Design, Photography, and Business. Subscribers gain access to all premium classes and can access content offline. Skillshare allows you to focus on creative skills with project-based learning.
9. MasterClass is a paid platform costing $180/year and hosts classes in Arts, Music, Writing, Business, and more. All these classes are taught through video lessons from industry leaders and comes with workbook and notes.
10. Pluralsight is another online learning platform that offers courses in IT, Software Development, and Cyber Security. A subscription costs $29/month and provides access to practice exams, customized learning paths, and interactive courses. Enjoy their extensive library of courses for software developers and IT professionals.
The Most In-Demand Topic for Online Learning: Languages
Speaking a second or third language has countless benefits, including better career opportunities, and being able to easily travel the world listed as the top two reasons. However, learning a language can take a lot of time and effort. Because of this, online language learning platforms have gained significant popularity due to their convenience, flexibility, and personalized approach. They allow learners to access their lessons anytime, anywhere, thus fitting into diverse lifestyles and schedules.
Language learning platforms often use interactive methods, such as videos, quizzes, and games, making learning fun and engaging. They provide immediate feedback, track progress, and tailor lessons to the learner’s pace and level. Additionally, subscription rates are typically more affordable than traditional in-person language courses.
Discover today’s top 15 online language learning platforms in the US:
1. Babbel is an online language learning platform that offers courses in 14 different languages. Available as a paid plan, it operates on a monthly subscription fee of $12.95. The platform’s main features include real-life dialogues, a review manager, and in-depth courses designed to help learners gain a solid understanding of their chosen language.
2. Duolingo offers game-like lessons in 39 languages to both free and paid subscribers. You can access all of the same exercises with a free account, however, with a premium subscription you get additional extras including unlimited mistakes in lessons. For a monthly fee starting at $6.99, users can improve their language skills ad-free with a premium plan. The platform is known for its fun and engaging approach to language learning.
3. Rosetta Stone is a paid online language learning platform, offering 24 languages starting at $35.95 per month. Its stand-out features include TruAccent speech recognition technology and a helpful phrasebook, designed to support communications in real-world situations.
4. iTalki is a unique language learning platform offering instruction in 130 languages. iTalki provides learners with an online platform to have one-on-one lessons with native speakers and fluent teachers. The prices for lessons vary, as learners can hire personal language tutors based on their personal budget as well as their specialties, country of origin, and more.
5. FluentU offers language learning in 12 different languages. While there is no free version, you can sign up for a premium account for just $30.00 per month. With FluentU, users have the opportunity to partake in social learning and practice with natives, using real-world video content for an immersive learning experience. Its teaching methodology is centered around the idea that exposure and interaction with native content is the best way to learn a language.
6. Coursera is a versatile online educational site that covers multiple subjects, including many languages. Users can access some courses for free, or pay a monthly fee starting at $29.00. With a free plan, you can audit any course, but you won’t receive a certificate upon completion like paid users. The platform offers courses from leading universities and companies. Coursera offers courses in a variety of formats, including video lectures, quizzes, and assignments. This provides learners with a well-rounded learning experience.
7. Pimsleur is an online platform focused on audio-based learning for 50 languages, available to paid users for $14.95 per month. There is no free version but you can sign up for a 7-day free trial so you can explore the program before fully committing. Apart from listening exercises, it also includes useful reading lessons. The program is designed to help learners speak and understand a new language with confidence.
8. Busuu offers 12 languages and is accessible to both free and subscription users. The free version provides access to basic language learning features, while the paid version offers additional features and content. For as low as $9.99 per month, users receive a personalized study plan and can participate in conversations with native speakers for immersive learning.
9. Memrise combines real-life videos and memory games to teach 20+ languages to both free and paid users. For $8.99 per month, you can gain access to additional, premium features and additional content. The platform is popular due to its fun and interactive learning methods.
10. LingQ provides language learning courses in 30 languages. There is no free version or free trial currently available, and subscriptions start at $11.99 per month. Users can learn from real-world content and access language tutors for extra guidance. Additionally, there is a social aspect that allows users to get writing and pronunciation feedback from native speakers, providing authentic opportunities for language practice.
11. Open Culture is a completely free online resource, offering 48 languages. It collects and features free resources from around the web, providing a vast pool of language-learning materials. Open Culture’s language courses are available in multiple formats, including audio lessons, video lessons, and web-based courses. Plus, you can download audio lessons and start learning a language instantly, no matter where you are.
12. Transparent Language offers comprehensive language-learning software for over 100 languages. It’s a paid program with a monthly fee of $24.95 or you can save with an annual or lifetime plan. There is also a free trial available, allowing you to try out the site for a limited time.
13. Yabla specializes in offering 6 languages to paid users for $9.95 per month, as well as a free trial for new users. It stands out for its video immersion network and interactive dual-language subtitles, providing learners with a unique and engaging learning experience.
14. Preply provides one-on-one lessons with tutors in numerous languages. There is no set monthly fee & prices vary by tutor and level of access, allowing learners to choose an instructor that fits their budget. Generally, prices range from $4 to $40 for a lesson, so there are tutors available to support any budget.
15. Udemy offers a broad range of courses, including 10 languages. Generally, Udemy is a paid program, however, the platform also offers some free courses and tutorials. Each course has its own individual price ranging from $10 to $200 and users have thousands of courses to choose from, suiting a variety of interests, objectives, and budgets. Udemy’s courses are designed by different instructors, so they all vary in terms of content and teaching style.
Delve into the Kaleidoscope of Online Learning
Online learning platforms in the US have revolutionized education paradigms, making specialized knowledge accessible and affordable to all. Their unique selling points – flexibility, variety, self-paced learning, and mentoring – position them as the future of learning.
Who could have thought that all it takes is a login to open the doors to a world of knowledge? Get started with one of the best online learning platforms on the market today and let your learning journey begin!
Share this guide with your network and spread the joy of learning!