How to Set Up NordVPN on Samsung Smart TV (2022 Guide)
NordVPN is generally available to users on various devices, including Android, iPhone, Mac, Windows, Android TV, etc. However, some devices are not lucky; one such is Samsung Smart TV. Samsung Smart TV is not compatible with NordVPN because it operates under an OS called Tizen OS. There are three primary ways to set up NordVPN on Samsung Smart TV.
- Setting it up via PC. This is the simplest method and suitable for beginners to VPN use.
- Setting it up through a SmartDNS proxy. It is a little bit complicated and quite lengthy too.
- Setting it up through a Router. If you’re not familiar with routers, this one may be rocket science.
Nevertheless, this article will guide you through the process of using any of these methods and every other thing you need to know about using NordVPN on Samsung Smart TV.
Get NordVPN with SOCKS5 proxy servers
Set Up a Connection Through Your PC
If you have a PC, setting up NordVPN for your Samsung Smart TV becomes a walk in the park. All you need to do is to physically share your computer’s internet connection with your Smart TV. Here’s how to do so with these easy steps:
- Connect your Samsung Smart TV to a Windows computer using an Ethernet Cable.
- Click on the Windows icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings.
- The next step is to identify your VPN connection.
- Look for an option called “TAP-Win32 Adaptor V9 here if your VPN is using OpenVPN.”
- Right-click on it and choose Select Properties > Click on the “Sharing” tab.
- Select “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection” by ticking the box.
- The next step is to select the exact Ethernet port which you’ll use to connect to your Smart TV.
- Lastly, restart your PC to be able to activate the internet services on your Samsung Smart TV.
This is the easiest way to use NordVPN with your Samsung Smart TV, and it’s fast, too, as long as you have a Windows PC.
Set Up a Connection Through SmartDNS Proxy
Another sure way to use NordVPN on your Samsung Smart TV is by setting up a SmartDNS on your Samsung Smart TV. A SmartDNS proxy is one way to have an enjoyable streaming experience, especially on geo-blocked platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and many others. It helps you bypass these blocks with minimal effort and can be installed directly to your Samsung Smart TV.
You should note, however, that SmartDNS proxies on their own, cannot secure or offer any encryption services to your device. Pairing with a VPN like NordVPN does that for you. Now let’s get straight to the setup procedure:
- Acquire a unique DDNS hostname from dynu.com.
- Create a personal account on the site (dynu.com).
- Activate your account using your user details.
- Click Control Panel > open DDNS Services.
- Select the Blue Button labeled Add.
- Give yourself a domain name.
- Click Add and turn off Wildcard Alias.
- Select Enable IPV6 Address > Save.
- Your Dynu account is now valid.
- Purchase a NordVPN subscription.
- Log into the website dashboard and open DNS Settings.
- Click Dynamic DNS Registration.
- Input your Dynu hostname and add Dynu.com at the end of it.
- Select Save Hostname. An “Updated” notification will appear.
- Hold on for up to 15 minutes to allow NordVPN to detect the change in IP.
- Open your Samsung Smart TV and press the MENU button on your Samsung Smart TV remote control.
- Go through the tabs until you arrive at NETWORK.
- Click Network Status by pressing Enter.
- Select IP Settings > DNS Settings.
- Choose Enter Manually and input the NordVPN DNS Address.
- Click OK to accept the connection.
- You have now connected to the New Server address, and NordVPN is connected to your Samsung Smart TV.
Set Up a Connection through a Physical Router
This method is an efficient and economical way to use NordVPN on your Samsung Smart TV. What’s even better is that setting up a VPN on a physical router means that all your devices connected to the router are also maximally protected by NordVPN.
There are two types of routers, the Pre-configured and the router that needs to be configured.
Get NordVPN with SOCKS5 proxy servers
Setting Up NordVPN on a Pre-Configured Router
If you own an unconfigured router, the steps to configuring your router for NordVPN use may be quite the task. For those that are not techy, it can be such a hectic maze. Thankfully, NordVPN has partnered with some router techies to provide an easier solution.
This router configuration service pre-configures routers and makes them compatible with NordVPN so that you do not have to go through the arduous task of configuring the routers yourself. The benefit of this is that you can start to use your router with NordVPN as soon as you get it, no long waits, start streaming as soon as you have a NordVPN subscription.
One con to this option that these routers are slightly more expensive than regular routers.
Setting Up NordVPN on an Unconfigured Router
If you’d rather not use a pre-configured router or you already have purchased an unconfigured router before now, you can follow these sets of instructions.
To use NordVPN on your unconfigured router, it must first be compatible with VPNs. For the connection to work, it needs to support OpenVPN. The router should also support NordVPN as a Client and not a Server.
The following set of configurations are generalized steps for most routers and should also work well with any similar unconfigured router you may have.
Follow the instructions below carefully; don’t touch any item that has not been mentioned in this guide.
- Download OpenVPN Configuration Files from NordVPN.
- Open router settings by entering 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. in your browser.
- Select Services and open the VPN mini-tab.
- Activate Start OpenVPN Client.
- You now have access to OpenVPN Configuration Panel.
Input the Following OpenVPN Client Custom Settings
- Server IP/Name: Input the Server IP or Name of the .ovpn file from any of the ones available here: Server recommended by NordVPN.) Select Show Available Protocols and proceed to download the UDP or TCP configuration file. It is usually under the server tile.
- Port Address: 1194 (or 443 for TCP protocol)
- Tunnel Device: Select the TUN option.
- Tunnel Protocol: UDP or TCP.
- Encryption Cipher: AES-256-CBC
- Hash Algorithm: SHA-512.
- Username and Password = Your NordVPN details.
- Advanced Options: Enabled.
- TLS Cipher: None
- LZO Compression: Disable
- NAT: Enable
- Firewall Protection: Enable.
- IP Address: leave blank.
- Subnet Mask: leave blank.
- Tunnel MTU setting: 1500.
- UDP Fragment: 1450.
- Tunnel UDP MSS-Fix: Enable.
- nsCertType verification: Tick ✔
Advantages of Using NordVPN on Your Samsung Smart TV
There are numerous VPNs on the market that claim to offer the best security-enhancement features on the market, but out of all these VPNs, only a few stand out at the fore. NordVPN is one of them, and for good reason. Here are a few advantages that you stand to gain by pairing this VPN with your Smart TV.
1. The Best Security Features You Can Ask For
NordVPN is quite big on security and didn’t come to play when it rolled out its security features. The service offers about 6 features that help you keep your Samsung Smart TV and other devices secure. Of all these security features, the most important is the DoubleVPN feature that offers you double encryption to protect your data. There’s also the OpenVPN feature, the Kill Switch that activates when your connection to the VPN gets cut off abruptly, and the trustworthy No-Logs Policy that is their seal of commitment to keeping your data safe.
2. Easy Unblockability for Streaming Services
The ability to unblock streaming services is a critical feature of any VPN. NordVPN efficiently unblocks the most popular and highly-coveted streaming apps on the block. With NordVPN, you would have no problems accessing Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Roku, and many others. With over 5400 servers in 59 countries worldwide, unblocking geo-restricted sites is not a difficult task. Stream these services directly on your Samsung Smart TV with NordVPN.
3. Say Goodbye to Ads
NordVPN is laden with features that take away even the littlest streaming challenge you may face. For example, ads. NordVPN has an Ad blocker that does the job of getting rid of those pesky ads that plague your streaming session or internet activities. No more pop-up banner ads, no more video ads to interrupt your shows as you watch, and definitely no more risk of third-party data thieves.
Get NordVPN with SOCKS5 proxy servers
NordVPN has been a go-to VPN for millions of users on the webspace. They have proved themselves reliable on all fronts; security, unblocking ability, and online anonymity. Setting up NordVPN on your Samsung Smart TV protects you from all sorts of prying eyes on the internet looking to access your information. It helps you unblock popular streaming platforms for your premium viewing experience. We have put together this thoroughly researched guide to help you set up NordVPN easily on your Smart TV.