Setup and Use ExpressVPN on Firestick
Deliberately using ExpressVPN with FireTV allows you to bypass any geo-restrictions. ExpressVPN is popular for its excellent functionality and fast speeds, letting users stream content in HD without buffering.
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is one of the top streaming gadgets available. With this inexpensive device, any traditional TV with an HDMI connector can become a smart TV.
However, you may find it hard to access some of your favorite content due to geo-blocking. Luckily, you can unblock and stream various content libraries using ExpressVPN on FireTV. Not only can you access content worldwide, but ExpressVPN also conceals your IP address protecting you from would-be cyber criminals, and those looking to gain access to your personal and private information online.
Learn how you can set up ExpressVPN FireTV successfully, and claim an exclusive VPN offer with one of our top-rated and reviewed VPN partners below.
Sign up with ExpressVPN today!
How to Download ExpressVPN on Firestick and Compatible Devices
You can follow the instructions below to install ExpressVPN on FireTV:
- Go to the search bar on the Home screen.
- Search for “ExpressVPN” and choose the top result.
- Click the yellow “Get” button to download and install the ExpressVPN app.
- After the installation, click the yellow button that says “Open” to launch the application.
How to Install ExpressVPN on Firestick
You can install and set up ExpressVPN on FireTV in two different ways. These are:
- Setting up the ExpressVPN app from Amazon Store
- Installing ExpressVPN on Firestick via a physical router
Setting Up ExpressVPN via App
Follow these steps to install ExpressVPN on your Firestick through the official Amazon App Store:
- After successfully installing the app, select “Open” or press the Burger menu symbol on your remote control.
- Ensure that you have an active ExpressVPN subscription. Then, tap on “Sign In.” If you don’t have a subscription, you can sign up by selecting Create Account.
- Log in by inputting your ExpressVPN account’s email address and password.
- Now, click the “Connect” button. The application quickly creates a connection with the fastest server available.
- Accept the connection request in the popup window when you initially connect to a VPN server.
- ExpressVPN will automatically recommend a Smart Location that gives you the best experience.
- Select the “On” button to connect.
- Once connected, you can start browsing the internet privately and securely.
- As soon as you connect, the connection status should appear on your app’s home page.
- If it says “Connected” and is green, your internet connection is now secure!
Setting Up ExpressVPN via Physical Router
ExpressVPN is compatible with several routers. These include Asus, Linksys, and Netgear. But when downloading the ExpressVPN firmware, take note of the router’s model.
You need to manually install some of these router applications. However, some others are pre-configured for usage with the routers. You can find step-by-step instructions for installing ExpressVPN router applications below:
- Go to your smart TV’s browser by navigating there.
- Search for “ExpressVPN Firmware” on the ExpressVPN website.
- You will see a drop-down menu. Choose the router model that you are using. (Be careful to keep the tab open; you will return to it shortly).
- If you already have a router, you can install the VPN directly.
- If your browser is brand-new, connect its antennae and turn the power on. Wait till the light turns on before connecting to the internet.
- Enter the IP address for the router admin panel in a new browser tab. Usually, this is 192.168.1.1.
- There will be a popup asking for login information. Enter the username and password for your router. (Admin/admin is the default login username and password.)
- Click “Administration” then “Firmware Upgrade” to continue.
- Next, upload the ExpressVPN firmware that you downloaded earlier
- Start your router again.
- Switch on your internet connection
- Next, the ExpressVPN dashboard will pop up. If it doesn’t appear instantly, visit www.expressvpnrouter.com, select “Get Started,” and then adhere to the on-screen instructions.
How to Test ExpressVPN on FireTV
You should test if ExpressVPN is working after connecting to a server. You should see a notice stating that you have been connected as the ExpressVPN app’s background changes from red to green.
In addition, you can follow the steps below to verify that ExpressVPN is working properly on Firestick:
- Check your IP address to determine if your VPN is operating properly. But you must first know your normal IP. So, go to “Settings” from the home page to accomplish this. Go to “My Fire TV” from here and click on “Network.”
- You can see your actual IP address on the right-hand side, so write it down.
- Connect to a server on the ExpressVPN app. From here, you can determine if your IP address has changed.
- Visit the Amazon Appstore and download any accessible IP checker apps. Alternatively, you can use the Amazon Fire Stick’s browser to search for your IP address. Several websites can help you check your IP. So, open two or three to ensure you’re getting the same outcome.
- If your VPN is functioning successfully, you will notice your current IP address differs from the one you noted earlier. If your IP remains the same, your VPN is not operating correctly.
Why Use ExpressVPN on Firestick?
ExpressVPN is one of our top choices and our review proves it. It offers a performance optimization network thanks to its distribution of over 3000 servers and over 160 server locations in 94 countries. ExpressVPN server speeds provide continuously faultless HD and 4K viewing, whether you’re streaming movies or downloading files.
Furthermore, ExpressVPN allows you to use features like a kill switch and instant server connection when the Firestick is turned on. Also, it offers users an excellent split-tunneling option and military-grade encryption.
Using ExpressVPN on your Firestick allows you to enjoy unlimited access to different content. If you want to set up and connect ExpressVPN to your Firestick, you can either use the app or use a physical router. Either way, you will be able to bypass geoblocks on Firestick.
Is ExpressVPN the best VPN for Firestick?
Yes, ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Firestick. It has thousands of servers, a kill switch, reliable encryption and no-log policy.
Can I access any content with ExpressVPN?
Yes. ExpressVPN allows you to access any content irrespective of your location.
Does ExpressVPN come with a free trial period?
ExpressVPN does not provide a free trial. Instead, there is a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How do I know if ExpressVPN is working on my Firestick?
If you want to know if ExpressVPN is working on your Firestick, try checking if your real IP address is still showing.